Program Office: DMS-Region V
Position Name: DMS-Region V Summer Intern
Location: Region V – (Tempe AZ)
Education Level Required: minimum Undergraduate
Earliest Start Date: June 4, 2018
Field of Study: ADMINISTRATION, ACCOUNTING, COMMUNICATIONS, COMPUTER SCIENCE
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Access, Outlook, Word
- Communication skills
- General office procedures (Filing alphabetically, knowledge of office copier, postage machine, etc.)
- Customer Service
The incumbent will be responsible for the following office management and administrative duties:
- Maintains records of time and attendance.
- Data entry into various computer databases (i.e. timekeeper records, employee records, budget ledgers, etc.)
- Receives incoming calls and directs to staff members.
- Produces documents requiring the use of advanced software functions.
- Prepares correspondence, reports and other documents in final format using correct punctuation, capitalization, spelling, grammar and style.
- Performs mail and file functions such as processing incoming and outgoing materials.
- Develops and maintain electronic record keeping and tracking logs for calendars, correspondence, projects, etc.
- Researches vendors for best combination of price, quality, and delivery.
- Notifies employees and supervisors of training attendance dates and handle any cancellations or rescheduling of training.