Program Office: OCIO
Position Name: OCIO Intern II
Location: Central Office (Alexandria, VA)
Education Level Required: minimum Undergraduate
Earliest Start Date: June 4, 2018
Field of Study: Qualified candidates must have undergraduate work concentrating in any of the following fields: information systems, software engineering, computer engineering or computer science.
The ideal candidate must possess and demonstrate strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills. Candidates must also be well organized and proficient using MS development tools.
The intern in NCUA’s Office of the Chief Information Officer will gain experience in system development life cycle (SDLC), information technology (IT), and the credit union industry. While the intern will regularly work on assignments related to all aspects of NCUA’s SDLC, typical assignments will include:
- Providing technical assistance in product development according to existing skill levels. Compiling weekly project status reports and analysis;
- Using MS Office and other tools to assist in systems analysis;
- Assisting in quality assurance for existing and new systems;
- Proofreading correspondence and other communications;
- Facilitating communication with project stakeholders including requirements gathering; and
- Making recommendations to improve project management processes.