Program Office: OCIO
Position Name: OCIO Intern I
Location: Central Office (Alexandria, VA)
Education Level Required: minimum Undergraduate
Earliest Start Date: June 4, 2018
Field of Study: Qualified candidates must have undergraduate work concentrating in the fields of business administration, finance, information systems, project management, marketing, or communications.
The ideal candidate must possess and demonstrate strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills. Candidates must also be well organized and proficient using MS Office Suite.
The intern in NCUA’s Office of the Chief Information Officer will gain experience in project management, information technology (IT), and the credit union industry. While the intern will regularly work on assignments related to all aspects of NCUA’s information technology programs, typical assignments will include:
- Compiling weekly project portfolio status reports and analysis;
- Using MS Project and other tools to assist the Project Management Office to track and facilitate project progress;
- Creating new project management process templates and presentations;
- Proofreading correspondence and other communications;
- Facilitating communication with project stakeholders including requirements gathering;
- Researching emerging project management trends and developing NCUA’s IT project management resource center; and
- Making recommendations to improve project management processes.