Whether we are helping Latinos build their financial literacy, explore new workforce opportunities, become environmental stewards or advocate for one’s health, trust and a commitment to equity is at the core of everything we do. Our initiatives, programs and grassroots outreach efforts are aimed at empowering and inspiring individuals to improve themselves and their families and, in turn, strengthen their communities and their country.
And how we do it is what makes us unique.
HAF connects Latinos to opportunity by exposing them to reliable and relevant resources, promoting civic engagement and serving as their trusted and trustworthy partner. We have developed extensive, trust-based community networks, including those in communities that are the hardest to reach, that when combined with our robust technology, operations, media and communications platforms guarantees success.
Our ability to cultivate leaders and develop advocates and connect them with our partners ensures long-term successes and systemic change.
Our Mission & Vision
HAF connects Latinos and others with partners and opportunities to improve lives and create an equitable society. One day, every Latino individual in America will enjoy good physical health and a healthy natural environment, a high-quality education, economic success and civic engagement in his or her community with the sum of improving the future of America.
Our Core Values
- Trust: integrity, honesty, respect, do what you say you will do.
- Commitment to Equity: start where people are at and help them develop what they need to be successful.
- Comunidad: in service of others, compassionate, fair, loving, respectful of community priorities.
- Nimble: flexible to quickly adapt to changing circumstance to reach positive outcomes.
- Serves First: natural desire for others needs to come first, helps people develop and perfom as highly as possible.
Our Proven Process