Ranger Rover/Adventure Station Intern
- Staffing the Adventure Station (visitor center) desk within the REI store, serving as a front-line representative of the agency, keeping display area stocked and neat in appearance at all times.
- Providing outdoor recreation trip-planning assistance
- Providing current and accurate information on the public lands and waters surrounding DC and the NPS to visitors.
- Explain recereational opportunities, including national park interpretive programs and services, and privately operated facilities and services.
- Distribute maps, brochures, and other printed material; provides directions and routes of travel to provide access to the public lands and waters.
- Disseminating information about recreational opportunities in National Parks and other federal, state or local lands in person or via mail, telephone, or electronic mail.
Additional duties include developing and implementing various community engagement strategies. The incumbent will work to build alliances with community members, federal, tribal, state and local agencies, media, non-profits, businesses and other stakeholders to identify shared community goals. They will work to accelerate collaboration to positively impact and enhance the community in the areas of economic vitality, historic preservation, natural and cultural resources, outdoor recreation, youth and education opportunities, and urban design and sustainability.
Duties may also include:
- Assisting with, or conducting interpretive programs (i.e.lectures/presentations in the REI community classroom or other venues)
- Helping to prepare for special events, or helping to construct temporary displays and exhibits
- Filing written and e-mailed information requests, reports, newsletter articles, and other communications as directed.
The incumbent working in this capacity will receive appropriate training, guidance, and supervision.
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
- October 2018 to November 2019
- Washington DC - REI Adventure Station