How You Can Help
There are many ways that anyone can get involved in Hispanic Access Foundation’s projects. We address issues of health, education, finances and immigration. If you are a service provider or have expertise or interest in any of these areas, we urge you to contact us. Here are some of the many ways you can help:
1. Join our service provider network. If you offer services and currently reach or are interested in reaching the Hispanic community, join our network. If you know of other people or organizations who might want to be part of our network, please help us spread the word.
2. Contribute to our news or issues sections. We welcome new articles and perspectives on issues in the Hispanic community, so if you are a journalist or simply like to write—send us an article or two for our editors to review. If it fits our focus, we will be happy to publish it!
3. Help us with our outreach. There are so many ways that you can help us more effectively reach the Hispanic community: Send us news, studies, events, links, stories, or any other information that we can post on our site; send us campaign ideas; refer people to us; promote our hotline to people who don’t have access to the internet; email our site to friends; use our “share this” function to send to people via social networks; help mobilize your local community leaders to help; encourage your local Spanish-language radio station to join our network; help us create partnerships with other Spanish media outlets… the list of ways you can help is endless!
4. Make a donation. Your donations help us to keep serving people through the hotline and online, and enable us to support outreach activities in some of the hardest to reach parts of the country. Donor funds are increasingly scarce, so donations from individuals are critical to helping us provide our services. Make a donation today, in whatever amount you are able to give. Even a small contribution can make a difference.
5. Underwrite a project or campaign. If you represent a foundation, government agency, NGO or socially-oriented business, we invite you to underwrite a campaign or outreach project. We reach hundreds of thousands of people each week with our media channels and grassroots faith-based and community leader networks. We track the response to each campaign or outreach activity and provide detailed reports to our sponsors. If you’re interested in getting the word out to the Hispanic community about an issue of public interest, please read on…
HAF works with stakeholders who are interested in joining our mission to provide information, referrals and support to the U.S. Hispanic community. We address issues that we know are of interest and relevance to the community, and ensure that all of our content uses appropriate language so that the people who most need to hear information can easily assimilate and act on it. We guarantee that our outreach activities and hotline services treat all community members with respect, and safeguard the confidentiality of everyone we reach.
We work with private foundations, government agencies, non-governmental organizations, and even socially-oriented businesses, to address issues that our community finds relevant and helpful. If you are interested in reaching the U.S. Hispanic community with issues related to health, education, finances, immigration, or another compelling issue of relevance, please contact us to discuss how we can work together.
We track the results of each campaign and can provide reports to our sponsors on the number of people reached, number of respondents, as well as the regions of the country that were most responsive and the demographic profiles of groups who were most responsive.
For more information on developing a contract or strategic partnership withHAF, please contact us by email or call Maite Arce, our Director.